ZIMBABWE MINERS FEDERATION VICE PRESIDENT
NATIONAL 2ND CHROME REPRESENTATIVE
MINERALS & MARKETING CORPORATION OF ZIMBABWE CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER
ALASKA CHROME MINE SHAREHOLDER
Experienced, multi-faceted MBA Business Consultant Professional with 20 years working experience. Lindi has worked across several industries Abroad and in Africa with leading Companies, over the past ten years she has been primarily working in the mining sector. She boasts working experience in establishing mining operational processes, international trade relations, investor relations, business enhancement and performance. She has Expert knowledge of Chrome Ore, Coal, Gold and Tantalite. Consistent record of success in trading minerals, co-ordination of resource identification and verification, claims registration and regulatory requirements, ensuring trade compliances.
Lindi currently works as a Consultant with Mantle Consultancy Group an established Mining Consultancy Outfit and is the Co-founder of its subsidiary Company Mantle Mineral Resources, She has been instrumental in the development of its diversified mining portfolio. In addition Lindi has developed a strong network of metals and mining experts across developed and emerging economies. Lindi is concurrently an active shareholder and Director in a successful mining operation located in Guruve currently producing 5000tonnes per month of chrome ore. Alaska Chrome Mining
Lindi over the years has participated in Project Facilitation, Investment and Trade Deals - Facilitation of investment into start up small scale mining operations, facilitation of resuscitation of large Sc Mining operations and Offtake Agreements within the mining sector. She has actively worked on turnaround programs, and operational improvement and mergers and acquisitions. Her experience spans the entire production cycle, from upstream mining and raw material inputs to primary metal production, fabrication and distribution. She possesses sound expertise in the areas of Mine Management and Project Coordination, commodity sourcing and distribution services. Her commitment and work ethic have assisted in her earned reputation for reliably acquiring, marketing and moving commodities.
- Lindi was instrumental in the push towards review of the chrome small scale mining sector in Zimbabwe and is the Sole Zimbabwean Agent for an International Buying House,the fourth largest Mineral Trader in the World.
- Shareholder in a Chrome Mining Venture located in Guruve 5000tonne per month operation
- Current Vice President Zimbabwe Miners Federation, Vice Chair of Guruve Mining Association Board of Executives
- She was involved in the successful formation of an inter-ministerial agreement between three major coal mining firms in Zimbabwe.
- She actively participated in the proposal and negotiations of a Chrome Beneficiation Proposal Investment case under Coalbrick/ COPAZ with the Government of Zimbabwe identifying local idle capacity in chrome smelting and utilizing such capacity through an appropriate investment structure with the shareholders of such infrastructure and setting up a greenfield project with the help of a technical partner to build furnaces, During the chrome ban
- She facilitated a Joint venture between Simbi Alloy and Chromebelt in a merger to produce deformed and flat bars for exportation to Zambia.
- She also worked on a potential schematic outlining a concept deal of a revolving fund between Coalbrick and Mwana Africa. (unfortunately, Mwana Africa was dissolved during the process)
- Lobbied for the the construction of more Milling Centres around the country to increase small scale miners productivity.
- Participated in deliberations with the Environmental Management Agency under the Zimbabwe Ministry of Environment and Tourism to introduce a simplified Environment Impact Accessment reporting system for ASM & Small Scale Miners and a downward fees review.
- Promoted Sector recognition and lobbied against ASM & Small Scale Miners arrests, introduced card identification for small scale miners.
- Strengthened strategic alliances with the public and private sector to embrace and empower ASM by designing funding and banking sector recognition, participated in the creation of a formal banking alliance with Metbank for small scale miners.
- Lobbied for the review of the Zimbabwe Mining Act and sector inclusion
- Lobbied for an act for the Zimbabwe Miners Federation and inclusion on national budget to push formalisation of all miners across the country. Seeking inclusion of all registered and unregistered miners
- Engaged Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe regarding foreign currency payments and retention rates for Zimbabwean ASM and Small Scale Miners discussions
- Engaged and worked with Fidelity Printers and Refineries (the sole Gold Buyer in Zimbabwe) to grant access to rebates for equipment and inputs for Miners.
- Worked with the Ministry of Mines & Mining Development to develop a Chrome policy which will facilitate growth and address Small Scale Chrome Miner Challenges particularly local chrome mining, consolidation, logistics, testing and pricing.
- Formation of a Chrome Consultative Committee with MMCZ to address National Chrome issues
- Entered discussions with Fidelity Printers and Refinery to reassess loan structures, affordability and collateral removement to make loans easily accessible to miners. Geology/mining engineers included in loan process, machinery and equipment alliances to provide better machinery for miners via the Gold initiative Fund, resulting Fidelity offering loans that are more accessible for miners and there is specific funding for marginalised groups
- Participated in meetings with the Zimbabwe Mining Affairs Board regarding Exploration Prospecting Orders (EPO’S)
- Advocated for full recognition of marginalised groups and introduction of people with disabilities and youth into Federation Structures
- Participated in the structuring of a National Fuel Supply Deal to capacitate miners across the country
- Lobbying for inclusion of semi precious trade act and proper marketing and pricing channels to stop current leakages in Zimbabwe.
- Worked towards strong sector recognition for women miners, reorganisation of our womens membership nationally and introducing focused target mandates and lobbying for representation on relevant mining boards and reactivation of relationships with continental bodies and inclusion in various organisations.
- Agriculture: 20 years of experience employing Agro Industrial Strategies on a 1,800 hectare farm: Ranching Cattle - Breeding; Dairy; Chicken Farming; Goat Production Farming; Horticulture.
- MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, YORK UNIVERSITY CANADA
- BACHELOR BUSINESS STUDIES (HON).
- NDEBELE / ENGLISH
- COMPUTER SKILLS
- MICROSOFT SUITE, MS PROJECTS